NDP Development Projects
While in opposition the NDP has pursued a number of initiatives so that we can begin immediately to implement a development strategy for St. Vincent and the Grenadines when we get into government. To this end we have had discussions with several interested investors and can now state that:
1. A major international construction group will partner with the NDP to finally get the Argyle Airport into a state of readiness.
2. A major international development group will build a 1,000 unit integrated residential and hotel resort complex on St. Vincent.
3. An important international banking group will use SVG as its base to establish a new chain of retail banks throughout the Caribbean.
4. A major international construction group, specializing in infrastructure projects, will establish a regional head office in St. Vincent and the Grenadines.
5. A global player in the trust and corporate services sector will be involved in overhauling our financial services.
6. A global player in private aircraft services will set up a state-of-the-art aircraft registry.
7. A significant seaport improvement initiative is planned for St. Vincent and the Grenadines, again, partnering with a major international construction firm.
8. Final negotiations are taking place for very significant investments into our technology sector.
9. The NDP is working with some of the world’s most experienced international tax specialists to establish tax treaties that generate further investment into our country.
10. The NDP will restructure our agriculture sector to benefit from the demand at high prices for cocoa. We will also utilize our joint venture infrastructure in the UK for further agriculture diversification.