The NDP recognizes that notwithstanding our small size geographically and demographically we can still, through our human resources, make a meaningful contribution to the peace and stability of the world and demonstrably by upholding and promoting participatory democracy and respect for human rights.
- Support regional economic integration in CARICOM, OECS and any other regional grouping that preserves our traditional democratic principles.
- Implement our foreign policy after parliamentary debate and where appropriate consultation with interest groups.
- Ensure that our bilateral and multilateral arrangements will be subject to parliamentary scrutiny, debate and authorization.
- Actively participate in the economic partnership agreements with the EU in order to secure the benefits associated with the trade in goods and services.
- Broaden and deepen diplomatic relations with existing countries and seek diplomatic ties with other countries on the basis of respect for human rights and the recognition of participatory democracy.
- Support and encourage the peaceful resolution of international conflicts and diligently participate in the fight against terrorism and money laundering.
- Reform our country’s mission abroad consistent with national policy requirements with special regard to deepening trade in goods and services and attracting foreign investments.
- Continue to demonstrate respect for international law as a responsible state and demand that other countries do likewise.
- Remain steadfast to the ideals and principles of the Regional Integration Movement (CARICOM).
- Remain committed to the rule of law in International Relations and to the United Nations (UN).