Hon. Daniel Cummings
In terms of accomplishment, few people in St. Vincent and the Grenadines can compare to Daniel Cummings. He has demonstrated that he is a pioneer, a visionary and a man capable of translating this into reality to the benefit of the entire nation.
Daniel Cummings’ career has been predominantly in the field of water resources engineering and waste management. His first assignment was as an Engineer for the Water and Sewerage Authority (WASA) of Trinidad and Tobago. After one day he joined the Central Water and Sewerage Authority (CWSA) of St. Vincent as a Water Engineer. He was involved in a number of projects where he displayed his sound knowledge of the area and his aptitude for innovation.
Because of his expertise and proven performance he was promoted to the position of General Manager in 1987. In this position he worked with the Board of Directors and played an integral role in transforming CWSA from a debt-ridden organisation into a financially self-sustaining one. In addition to improving the water supply throughout St. Vincent and the Grenadines through a number of projects, Daniel was instrumental in providing irrigation for over 1,200 acres of farmland with future plans for a further 800 acres.
- General Technical Diploma – University of Guyana
- BSc in Civil Engineering – UWI
- Certificate in Water Resource Management – Yugoslavia
- MSc in Civil Engineering & Environment – University of Oklahoma, USA
- Masters in Business Administration – UWI
- Former Gen. Secretary of the New Democratic Party.
INTERESTS OUTSIDE OF POLITICS:
- Avid domino player
- Interested in all things connected with Water and the management of Water
- Married with Children